Above Left: Wayne Carey as a clean, church-going christian
On the pretence of preventing this type of bad behaviour from atheists which may damage our cause, CASE has now published The Atheist Readers Guide to Morality (How to live your life) which is available from all good bookstores (RRP: $29.95). All new converts to atheism should purchase this book. If you don't you will be letting us all down.
CASE performed much research in preparing this resource, including checking other books prepared by theists such as How to stay Christian in college by J. Budziszewski, How to be Good in a world gone Bad by James S. Spiegel and How to get your Husband to go to church with you by Vivian D'Arezzo. Although CASE notes most theist material is just evil propoganda, these materials were helpful in understanding how to communicate your point of view to an audience. Plus it works bloody well for them.
CASE also studied various online sites which were quite instructive including the "How to live a Good Christian life" on wikihow which is quite instructive. From these materials CASE formulated its 700 page manual on atheist morality in the 21st century. Some brief tips include:-
- Your first task should be to join an atheist society or club, this will prevent you from slipping back into faith.
- Acknowledge you've been a believer and then repent. Realize that conversion is not simply one act but the beginning of a life-long struggle. Don't be hard on yourself if and when you fail, pick yourself up and trust in Hitchens.
- Next, surround yourself with atheists. There is no point wasting your life with "no-hoper" theists who will never change.
- Encourage everyone in your family to talk about religious issues. Record their beliefs and inform your local atheist group about their beliefs. Someone there may be able to tell you how they can be converted to atheism: the one true belief.
- Read your Darwin, Dawkins and Hitchens. You can really learn a lot from this.
- Volunteer to help people. For example, you could take a shift at a soup kitchen near you, help with a Christmas effort to give gifts to the poor on Christmas, or visit a people staying in a nursing home.
- Share your beliefs and spread the good news. Remember, living the atheist life through your actions will make others want to follow atheism. Always stick up for your beliefs.
- Understand that atheists believe Dawkins said they would be persecuted for their beliefs, so do not allow others' attacks to weaken your faith.
- Treat others kindly as you would like to be treated. Even simple acts of kindness like holding a door open for someone are good deeds
With these simple tips you can become a shining example of atheism in your community. Remember, we dont want anyone thinking bad things about atheism as that may damage CASE and atheism generally. So if you do get caught with a bloody champagne glass or a bag of illicit narcotics, make a quick conversion back to Christianity (or Islam if you are in Indonesia) - for the team.